Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Chosen

As a young pastor's wife who was filled with insecurities and very intimidated by those around me, I made many mistakes throughout the early years of ministry. If only I would have had a seasoned pastor's wife to come alongside me to coach and encourage me as I walked that unfamiliar territory. I was not raised in a Christian home and had no idea what my role was as a pastor's wife. It was very lonely. I chose to pour my life into my career for eighteen years in Corporate America. My heart breaks now as I think about all those wasted years I could have been doing something for the Kingdom of God but instead my focus was on "me" and what I wanted for my life.

As Christians, God is calling us to step out and profess our faith. We are called to live our testimony so people can see Jesus Christ in us. My heart burns with passion to minister to other pastor's wives who may be walking in a deep valley of discouragement. God's purpose for our lives is to reach out to others who are hurting, confused and lost. I sense such an urgency in my spirit for those who are traveling down the road to destruction today. The Lord is going to return and it is time we remove our heads from the sand and get busy about God's business. He wants to use us but because we limit God and think small, His purpose for our lives is not being fulfilled.

When someone is hurting, love on them. Encourage them and remind them that Jesus loves them and has an awesome plan for their life. This life throws all types of obstacles in our paths even when we are striving for that prize at the end of our journey. Life will become overwhelming at times but through prayer and the prayer of others we will make it!

Blessings to you today. You are chosen by God to make a significant difference in this world!

Hugs!

1 comment:

  1. Debbie: Give yourself some grace, Dear. God knew your heart at that time, and He is proud of you for all you've done for His kingdom since then.
    Bless you,
    Jen
    Audience of ONE

    ReplyDelete