Monday, March 29, 2010

Be An Encourager

I had the privilege of hosting the Women in Ministry Retreat a few weeks ago for the pastor's wives and credentialed women in the Potomac District. It was a phenomenal weekend! God's presence was so sweet. He ministered in a powerful way through our speaker, Kerry Clarensau. It was a great weekend with other women in ministry!

As a young pastor's wife who was filled with insecurities and intimidation, I made many mistakes throughout the early years of ministry. If only I would have had a seasoned pastor's wife to come alongside me to coach and encourage me as I walked that unfamiliar territory. I was not raised in a Christian home and had no idea what my role as a pastor's wife really meant. It was very lonely. I chose to pour my life into my career for eighteen years in Corporate America. My heart breaks now as I think about all those wasted years I could have been doing something for the Kingdom of God but instead my focus was on "me" and what I wanted for my life.

Mentoring is so dear to my heart. As Christians, God is calling us to step out and profess our faith. We are called to live our testimony so people can see Jesus Christ in us. My heart burns with passion to minister to other pastor's wives who may be walking in a deep valley of discouragement. God's purpose for our lives is to reach out to others who are hurting, confused and lost. We need to be that encourager who will come alongside a lonely Christian. We need to be someone who will love them and pray for them.

When someone is hurting,encourage them and remind them that Jesus loves them and has an awesome plan for their life. This life throws all types of obstacles in our paths even when we are striving for that prize at the end of our journey. Life will become overwhelming at times but through prayer and the encouragement and prayer of others we will see victory!

Blessings and hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment